Thursday, July 10, 2008

Our Entertainment

Chad and I were riding our mountain bikes the other day (on dirt and gravel roads, of course...no single-track for me) and we came across three newborn baby skunks. They were brand-new and could barely stand up. They were so cute! This one was the fiestiest of the three: his instincts were already kicking in. As I took his picture with my phone, he lifted his little tail at me. It was funny.

This morning we looked outside and found this javelina chowing on our quail seed block. Usually we look out and see birds munching on it, but I guess furry pig-like creatures like it too. Javelinas are such goofy animals to watch...they crack me up every time.

We need the entertainment around here! It has been dumping rain for a few days and we are now under a flood watch. We are supposed to get several more inches of rain today. So I am having to modify my training plans. Hopefully I will get in some good training once it clears up over the weekend.