Things have been really hectic around here...good, but hectic. Hopefully my friends and family will read this and see why I have not been the best about returning calls and emails lately. I promise to catch up with everyone soon, though. Here is a rundown on what has been happening lately.

My mom and Jim came for a visit. They stopped in for a few days on their epic road trip that they took around the West. It was fun showing them around the area. Here is a shot of my mom and I looking in awe at the Cliff Dwellings. In other family news, we also just moved Chad's dad down here from Idaho last week, which will be great. So we have some exciting things in the works to go along with that.

Our neighbor's Great Dane puppy Lars has been stopping by to play with
Klemmy. So that has been good entertainment. He wants to play with
Keiki, too, but she is grumpy towards other dogs and hates to play with them, except for
Klemmy. Lars is as big as a horse (he is already over 100 lbs, and his dad was 150!), and is only eight months old. He is
gangly and clumsy and is the sweetest dog ever. I get a kick out of watching him play with
Klemmy.

The monsoon rains are here in full force. I have been making sure not to start my rides too late so I make it back before the storms. On Saturday's long workout, Chad and I did get poured on for the last 45 minutes, but other than that I have stayed dry. I know I put a rainbow picture up not long ago, but our neighbor took this one the other evening just after the rain. It was cool to see a double rainbow so close, so I had to put it up here.

I have been doing some long runs to get ready for the 18 miles (Yes, 18 miles. Yikes! My record is 10 miles at
Powerman this year, so this will be a challenge) of running I will conquer in Belgium, and some solid rides with lots of climbing. I think the courses are flat in Belgium, but there is really no way to avoid lots of climbing around here. I don't mind since I love to climb!
On top of training, we had two Fourth of July parties to attend this week. Both were fun, and we got to see some great people, but it was a bit tiring to socialize after training hard, and after all of the other life events going on.
With all of these things, I am trying to remember to enjoy it all, and stay relaxed through all the twists and turns that life can bring.