This afternoon I finished reading the book Marley and Me by John Grogan. It was so good!!! Of course I was sobbing at the end, but don't let that deter you from reading it. It reminded me to treasure each day with my girls. I wish dogs lived as long as people! But maybe that is what makes them so special: time with them is fleeting and finite. Since I adore my two dogs and treat them like they are my children, I think I do a good job of enjoying them every day. They are worth every penny and every bit of nuisance. They are so unconditional, and very entertaining. Even though I do treasure them already, this book made me hug them a little longer. Yes, I know I sound like a crazy dog lady...that is better than a crazy cat lady, though...right?
This picture captures my two girls perfectly: rambunctious, energetic Klemmy always wants to play, and constantly tugs at Keiki's limbs, and the loose skin on her neck. Mellow, cuddly Keiki thinks Klemmy is giving her a neck massage. She closes her eyes and loves that Klemmy will tug on her neck non-stop for several minutes at a time. She is in heaven the whole time.
Our two pound puppies are such joys. I wish more people would go to a humane society and give a loving dog a chance: they could end up as lucky as me!
