This is a picture of me, Laura, Chrissy, and Sarah at Fallingwater, the famous Franks Lloyd Wright home in Pennsylvania that is built on a waterfall. We checked it out on a day off from racing. It was really cool to see: I had learned about it in a class as an undergraduate, so it is something I have always wanted to see. The house is definitely "treed in"...that is my terminology for the feeling I get on the East Coast. I am used to being able to see for miles and see the whole sky, not just a patch of it through all the trees!
Today was the National Road Race. My teammate Laura had another impressive race: she finished 9th, to prove what an all-arounder she is. I had a run-in with a rider who suddenly launched her bike (don't worry, family, I am ok!). It was at a bad time in the race, and my day was essentially over. I was feeling good before this happened, so I was pretty disappointed. I am very proud of my team, but I was definitely not thrilled with this round of racing for me personally. But I have the Wells Fargo Criterium this Saturday and the week-long stage race in Altoona next week. I may have gotten knocked down today (literally!) but that is when it is time to get up again, and stand even stronger.
