This is a prime leg-soaking spot in the Boise River. I really wanted to take Kelly and Laura here while they were in Boise for the Twilight Crit, but it was a whirlwind trip for them, so we ran out of time. I loved having my teammates in my home town for the race. I also loved having my family watching on the back stretch (my mom, Aunt Marlie and Uncle John, Uncle Scott, and my cousin Matt had a whole Cheerwine cheering section going!). Even though we did not get the race outcome we wanted, I had so much fun out there. To read a detailed race report, check out Heather Albert's blog entry here. Now I am already in Altoona, gearing up for my first-ever team time trial, which takes place tonight.
Monday, July 23, 2007
Boise Twilight
This is a prime leg-soaking spot in the Boise River. I really wanted to take Kelly and Laura here while they were in Boise for the Twilight Crit, but it was a whirlwind trip for them, so we ran out of time. I loved having my teammates in my home town for the race. I also loved having my family watching on the back stretch (my mom, Aunt Marlie and Uncle John, Uncle Scott, and my cousin Matt had a whole Cheerwine cheering section going!). Even though we did not get the race outcome we wanted, I had so much fun out there. To read a detailed race report, check out Heather Albert's blog entry here. Now I am already in Altoona, gearing up for my first-ever team time trial, which takes place tonight.
