Saturday, July 14, 2007

Seven Springs Update

So last night was the time trial. It was on a closed section of an interstate, which was weird, but was a good course. I had a feeling that my teammate Laura Van Gilder was going to have a great day...I felt the course was perfect for her strengths. She has been bike racing a long time, but this was her first attempt at a National time trial. People respect LVG for her sprinting and road racing abilities, but this year she has ripped out some good TT's, so decided to give it a try. In a field of amazingly strong women, she got 8th place! Her performance was so inspiring for me as an athlete. I had some technical difficulties during my TT, which was a bummer. But I am really looking forward to the road race on Monday. My teammates Laura, Sarah Bamberger, Chrissy, and I will be ready to race our hearts out and our legs off out there!