Monday, June 04, 2007

Tour of Montreal: Stage One

The race was a flat circuit, held on typical bumpy, pot-hole-ridden roads that you find in Montreal. It was 8 laps, with 23 corners per lap. We averaged 40K an hour for 107 km, even with all those turns and wet roads to slow us down some. Chrissy said it was faster than any of the crits she did in May, whew! It rained for some of the race, so as you can see in this shot, we were wet and covered with dirt at the end! Don't I look happy? My friend Dotsie referred to it as a good motor-pacing session, so I am trying to think of it as that. It was also an opportunity to work on things I need to work on as a bike racer. I get another chance tomorrow to try to do better! And good job to my teammate Cath who mixed it up in the sprint for 14th.
Posted by Picasa