Tuesday, June 05, 2007

Montreal Madness!

Today we had another flat, fast race in the rain. But there was way more rain than yesterday, along with some hail, thunder, lightning, and road flooding. At one point my whole crankset was under water! When the lightning first started, I thought to myself, "Surely they will call the race. They call baseball games when there is lightning!" But this did not happen. To put myself in a happy place during the worst of the storm, I decided to start repeating Black-Eyed Peas lyrics in my head. Kelly, I know you will appreciate this! The words of "My Humps" did help me crack a smile out there! Our team all survived the wet day. We are all going to be so fit after this block of racing! After all of the climbing stage races I have been doing this spring, this motor-pacing stage race is sure to bring me up a notch!
Posted by Picasa