Today was the Montreal World Cup, and also my birthday! I spent my big day doing what I love, so that is good. Unfortunately the race did not go that great. It was one of those days. I am looking forward to the upcoming Tour of Montreal to get some more racing in with these international riders, and hopefully get better results for our team! The highlight of my race turned out to be a superfan named Sebastian! He was screaming for me every lap on the climb. I had no idea who he was, or if he was screaming for me or Brooke Miller. His cheering was awesome, even if I was not sure that it was for me. But he found me after the race and I discovered he is a blog reader! That made my day after a rather disappointing race. So thanks, Sebastian, for making my birthday race more festive! This is a shot of us after the race at the scenic lookout on Mont Royal. Chrissy is missing because she was getting drug tested. Getting drug tested after a hard, hot, and humid race can take a while! But she was with us in spirit for the picture! Now are all off to get some good food for my birthday dinner.
Saturday, June 02, 2007
Birthday Race
Today was the Montreal World Cup, and also my birthday! I spent my big day doing what I love, so that is good. Unfortunately the race did not go that great. It was one of those days. I am looking forward to the upcoming Tour of Montreal to get some more racing in with these international riders, and hopefully get better results for our team! The highlight of my race turned out to be a superfan named Sebastian! He was screaming for me every lap on the climb. I had no idea who he was, or if he was screaming for me or Brooke Miller. His cheering was awesome, even if I was not sure that it was for me. But he found me after the race and I discovered he is a blog reader! That made my day after a rather disappointing race. So thanks, Sebastian, for making my birthday race more festive! This is a shot of us after the race at the scenic lookout on Mont Royal. Chrissy is missing because she was getting drug tested. Getting drug tested after a hard, hot, and humid race can take a while! But she was with us in spirit for the picture! Now are all off to get some good food for my birthday dinner.
