Today we raced stage three of the Trust House Tour of New Zealand. It was a scenic, long race. We started with a 45-minute neutral parade ride out to the middle of nowhere, which made for an extra-long day in the saddle. The stage went well for our team: Laura is tied for second overall, and she finished fourth in the stage. And Leigh is winning the Queen of the Mountains competition! She will be sporting the classic polka-dot QOM jersey tomorrow. Click here to see what I am talking about! So Cheerwine is having a great week.
As for me personally: I helped the team during the race, which made me happy. I really want to be a contributor this week! I did crash again today (this means I have reached my quota for the season, right?!?!), but this time I landed in a soft, grassy ditch so it did not hurt. Phew! But of course it took me a while to chase back on to the peloton! The legs did not like that part. Tomorrow is the monster stage that all the teams are fearing. It will be a tough day, but will be a great chance for our team to work together, and get even stronger!
As for me personally: I helped the team during the race, which made me happy. I really want to be a contributor this week! I did crash again today (this means I have reached my quota for the season, right?!?!), but this time I landed in a soft, grassy ditch so it did not hurt. Phew! But of course it took me a while to chase back on to the peloton! The legs did not like that part. Tomorrow is the monster stage that all the teams are fearing. It will be a tough day, but will be a great chance for our team to work together, and get even stronger!
