How we spend our days is, of course, how we spend our lives.
Annie Dillard
This is something to think about on Labor Day. This makes me want to like my job, when I have a real job someday! In the meantime, I am going to savor my student/bike racer lifestyle.
There are as many nights as days, and the one is just as long as the other in the year’s course. Even a happy life cannot be without a measure of darkness, and the word ‘happy’ would lose its meaning if it were not balanced by sadness.
Carl Jung
I just liked this one and had to put it in there. I do believe the rough times make the sweet times even sweeter. And I swear I learn more about myself during the rough times. Also, I knew it would make my mom happy if I quoted Carl Jung! So that one is for you, Mom!
Security is mostly a superstition. It does not exist in nature, nor do the children of men as a whole experience it. Avoiding danger is no safer in the long run than outright exposure. Life is either a daring adventure or nothing.
Helen Keller
Wow. Helen Keller had it figured out.
If we could see the miracle of a single flower clearly, our whole life would change.
Buddha
That is what I try to do, but it is a process!
You don’t get to choose how you’re going to die. Or when. You can only decide how you’re going to live. Now.
Joan Baez
This quote is for the poor Crocodile Hunter. My heart goes out to his wife and two little kids. I was surprised when my sister called me and told me that he died this weekend. And there is irony that he was killed by a usually harmless stingray, and not a venomous snake or vicous crocodile.