Friday, September 01, 2006

A Sign of the Times

The first signs of autumn are in the air in Boise. I have tried to be in denial about this, since I am not quite ready to let go of summer yet. But for the past two days, I have had to start my rides with arm warmers! Yesterday I was especially chilled while descending Bogus after my tempo workout. The weather is supposed to warm back up for the holiday weekend, so hopefully it will feel more like summer again!
I am heading to school shortly for my last class of the week. After my class, I will do an easy recovery spin, and then my Labor Day weekend can begin. I have nothing particularly exciting planned: just some good bike rides, finishing a paper, and hanging out with a few of my close friends. That sounds perfect to me, especially if I can enjoy some of the last summer evenings of the year.
Oh, wait! One more thing to write! Last night I went out to dinner with my dad at a restaurant near his house called Pizzalchik. It is the combination of three words: pizza, salad (or zalad to make the name work!) and chicken, which are their three staples. If you are in Boise, you have to check it out! It is on the corner of Gary Ln. and State Street in Boise.
The chef who owns it is very friendly and the place has great customer service. Most importantly, the food is amazing! It is truly gourmet, but for a reasonable price. The salads are a work of art and the chicken and pizza are great too. I plan on going back and will try to take a picture of the salad so you know what I am talking about. Ok, I really have to get ready for class now, but I just wanted to give Pizzalchik a plug since it is relatively unknown in Boise and deserves to be discovered!