Friday, June 29, 2012

Push Mowing


Chad and I originally hired someone to mow our lawn when we first moved here last month. Our land in NM was xeriscaped and mostly surrounded by natural forest vegetation. We did not want to have to worry about yeard maintenance while we were getting settled. However, we decided that we wanted to be eco-friendly. Did you know lawn mowers are some of the worst polluters? So we got a push mower! Here is Chad in action. I like to mow, too. It is seriously good exercise. So it is good for the environment and good for us, too.


Another reason we wanted a push mower: this box turtle! It lives in our back yard and we don't want a big riding mower to run over it. Yes, I am a true animal lover.


Here are the girls checking out the turtle.


Miko was curious, too. Now we haven't seen the turtle in a few days. I hope our dogs didn't scare him away for good. I have enjoyed having a turtle around. It is fun to see the wildlife around here. It is very different than what is in New Mexico.