
Chad and I had an eventful year in 2009. We went through the process of building a new home on our dream property.
We had more adventures in Hawaii during our second trip to the Big Island. The beauty and peace of Hawaii soothes our souls every time. We especially savored visiting with our friend Michelle in Kona.
This past year, our dear cat Elvis passed away. In his honor, we added three new pets to our household. In July, we adopted Neptune and Roswell. In November, we trekked to Ruidoso to rescue Miko, who had been in a shelter there for over three months.
Chad and I also traveled to Cannon Beach, Oregon to be a part of my little sister Laramie's wedding. What a special time!
We also had an adventure in Bisbee Arizona, competing in the Bisbee 1000 Stair Climb. Other than that fun race, I stepped away from racing in 2009, and savored this break. I spent the year enjoying running with Chad and our dogs. It was just what I needed!
We also enjoyed a visit from my dad over Thanksgiving. He celebrated our first holiday in our new house with us. It was wonderful to hike with him and show him the beauty of New Mexico.
2009 also saw me taking the plunge and going back to school full-time, to work on my master's in counseling. Even though this decision will have us living frugally for a couple of years, I am thrilled to have found a path that I love.
I hope that 2010 brings more adventures and warm memories for all!
2009 also saw me taking the plunge and going back to school full-time, to work on my master's in counseling. Even though this decision will have us living frugally for a couple of years, I am thrilled to have found a path that I love.
I hope that 2010 brings more adventures and warm memories for all!
