I love living in a place where seeing a buck casually stroll down the street is a daily occurrence. This one only had a single antler, and it blends in to the trees in the background in the picture. There were eleven deer crossing our driveway at this point, but this was the only adult buck. I couldn't get my camera out fast enough to catch them all. Hopefully next time I will get a shot of the fawns.
In other news, life is going well. I started back to work this past week. It was tough to go from having all day to train to having to juggle it with work. But I really love my job, and I think it gives me a great balance. It also gives me a healthy perspective on what is important in life. After working with special needs kids all day, I look at working out and training as a way to celebrate my gift of health, not just merely to get ready for races. I love thinking of it that way!
