Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Another Awesome Fall Ride



I have been pretty busy lately, mostly working a lot at my awesome job. I have been training sporadically, after a nice, long break, to let my body recover from my first multi-sport season. I feel like my body is rested, and I am getting antsy to get back in to good shape. When I truly need to recover, and let my body heal after a season of training and racing, I usually love the time off at first.

I detested time off earlier in my racing career (when I was much more neurotic about training!), but now I savor it. I have no problem ceasing activity for a while, except for some walking with the dogs. But once I start to feel like a slug, I know that I am ready to up my training again. I am at that point now, so over the next few weeks, I will start riding and running more. This is a shot from a ride Chad and I did last weekend. I just never get tired of riding on the dirt roads around here. I am hoping to do more rides like this as I start to train more again.

Posted by Picasa