Thursday, June 12, 2008

More on Miami

Here is a shot of the race course: over 3/4 of the run was in the sand on the beach! I was really happy with the way I ran: I think I am progressing, and felt like I paced myself well. The sand slowed us all down somewhat, but I think I put in a solid performance on the run. I really tried to enjoy the course as well. I have never raced right on a beach before, so I tried to take that in and have fun with it.

The race was held right in South Beach, on the famous Ocean Drive. I have never seen a place like it. It is definitely not my scene, but it did make for a unique race venue.

Last night, Chad and I were so happy to be home, and enjoy the quiet, peaceful sunset in the mountains of New Mexico. Being out in the forest, without crowds of people, is much more "us."
The race was a positive experience, and it felt great to race, but I am glad to be back in our small town in the West!