
Keiki helped Chad with his schoolwork while I relaxed on the couch after a hard training weekend. Actually, I ended up working on a puzzle. I recently decided that doing puzzles would be a good recovery activity that would keep my brain sharp. Sometimes as an athlete I feel like I do not use my brain enough because I am too tired to do anything intellectually stimulating after training hard. My first puzzle I am attempting is hard! I should have started easier to build confidence in my puzzle-solving ablities. It has 500 pieces, but they are almost all the same color! I will post a picture when/if I finish it. This weekend was my toughest block of training yet and it went well. It is only the beginning of February and I do not feel race-fit by any means, but I do feel like I am getting stronger and that I am preparing well for this new racing adventure!
