After taking a few days easy with some runs and walks, I started a traning block. Thursday I did a solid run, and on Friday a mountain bike ride. Friday night was a great way to unwind after my workout: we sat outside around a campfire at our neighbors' house and had great conversation. Mike happens to be a cowboy poet, and we were honored to hear his work. What a great way to feel like you are back at home in the West!
After a fun night with Mike and Emily, I had a breakthrough running workout on Saturday morning (which was great for my mind as well as my body!). It has been challenging to start running after nearly seven years off, so it was amazing to finally feel effortless while pushing myself. Saturday and Sunday were double days: hard runs followed by some hilly road rides. Sunday night Chad made some delicious turkey breasts for dinner, and baked some chocolate chip cookies for dessert. What a great way to cap off a hard four days of training. Today I am enjoying a relaxing day with the dogs. I will take them on a walk, but no official working out! It is my recovery day, which I am savoring, since I know I have some good training coming up this week!
