
Yesterday I went for a run with the dogs and followed it up with a bike ride (I seem to be doing this routine a lot lately!). Then I headed downtown to the Small Business Development Center (SBDC) office on campus for an afternoon workshop on how to start a small business. In every personality test I have ever taken in various classes throughout my educational pursuits, it is always suggested that my personality type should be an entrepreneur. The older I get, the more I think having my own business could be right for me, especially with my athletic lifestyle. I have a few ideas, but I wanted to get some initial information on how to get started, and how to write a business plan.
This morning I woke up and checked out our local paper online, and there I was! That's my back, in the red-striped shirt with the ponytail, in the picture. When you live in a small town, they highlight things like the SBDC workshop on the front page. How refreshing!