Wednesday, April 18, 2007

Putting it in Perspective

Today the weather in Boise is lousy, and I have been procrastinating getting on the trainer all morning! I was feeling irritated at the prospect of training indoors when I had a nice, long climbing ride in the mountains scheduled. Then I watched the Today Show that was broadcasting from Virginia Tech. As a current graduate student, I have spent a lot of time on college campuses. I have always loved learning and being part of a university community. I savor the energy I get from walking on campus and going to class and studying in the library. Those simple things are something that everyone should be able to do safely. My heart goes out to everyone affected by the Virginia Tech tragedy. And thinking about that makes my perspective change: who cares if I ride the trainer and am a little bored? I am going to try to appreciate each pedal stroke and each breath, and not take it for granted!