Monday, September 25, 2006

My Idea of a Perfect Day


Yesterday I ended up being out on my bike for the majority of the day! Granted, it was not a constant ride. There were times of hiking (bike-pushing, really) and my dirt descending skills definitely prolonged the day. My friend Sarah told me about a road called Toll Gate to try on my cyclocross bike. I should have remembered that: a) Sarah is a climber and climbers always underestimate climbs. As a climber myself, I do this because I love to ride uphill, and when memories fade, they never seem that long or that hard. And b) She is a pro mountain biker, so climbing on dirt with the right gearing may not seem too bad. Anyway, my point is that the ride took me several hours longer than I expected! But I am glad Sarah gave me a cool road to explore. I was VERY hungry and thirsty by the time I got home! Despite this, I had a great day, enjoyed the perfect weather, and took a ton of pictures since it was a beautiful day and the loop I did was breathtaking. I posted about a million for you to see!
Posted by Picasa