
Yesterday I left Colorado and started heading towards home. I stumbled upon this bike path while driving from Colorado to Utah and could not pass up a short ride. The Glenwood Canyon bike path follows the beautiful Colorado River and I-70. It felt great to move my legs after sitting in the car for several hours. It also allowed me to savor Colorado for a little bit longer. Then I crawled back in the car and forged on to my brother's house in Salt Lake City.
I looked awesome while I was driving: I had my compression stockings on with my Chacos. People always stare at me when I pump my gas wearing this combination. Then, as I was driving along, I tried to put chapstick on. Unfortunately it had melted in the car while I was riding. So as I pulled the cap off, Strawberry Lipsmackers exploded all over my shorts. That enhanced the looks at gas stations for the rest of the drive.
I am currently hanging out with my amazing brother Geoff and his awesome girlfriend Kathryn. They are both doctoral students at the University of Utah. We have a lot to catch up on since they spent the summer in Greece. It will be good to spend some time with them for a few days before school starts for all of us. Geoff is making us sushi for dinner right now. Yum!
Today I went on an easy ride through my old stomping grounds in Salt Lake City. I was a cross-country runner at the U, and it was fun to ride my bike on some of my favorite college running loops. Tomorrow I might do a race near Park City if more than one person signs up. If I don't race, I hope to do a hard ride in the mountains.
Posted by Picasa