Thursday, August 10, 2006

A Breakthrough!


On Tuesday, I went to the Meridian group ride/race with Mari and Dean. I had a breakthrough and it went much better than last week. Things started to click for me during the ride, especially the second half. Now I am feeling more confident and am excited to ride there again tonight. It was great having Mari there and I think that was part of the reason things went better. She was my teammate last year and is someone I admire in this sport. She is encouraging, and of course amazingly strong on the bike. It is always fun to laugh with her too.

Yesterday I went with the CTS crew to watch Masters Track Nationals at the Colorado Springs Velodrome. This is a picture of them roasting in the stands. It was hot out there! I have never ridden on the track, but it looks exciting. I actually have only watched track racing one other time: two years ago when I raced with the Victory Brewing team. We went to the Trexlertown track and watched our teammate Gina Grain race. My Victory teammates and I laughed a lot that night...WITH Gina, not AT her, of course! Those were fun times.
Posted by Picasa