So there is not much to update you on this week. I have been relaxing after Cascade… catching up on sleep and icing my body in the river. I never sleep that great during stage races so when I return home, I take it easy and recover. That does not make good blog material!
I am going to do the time trial training series tonight to work on my TT-ing, even though it may be 101 this afternoon. I will roast out there, especially if I wear a time trial helmet! And of course, this Saturday I will race in the famous 20th Annual Wells Fargo Twilight Criterium! It is a National Racing Calendar (NRC) event, which is exciting to have in my hometown. Come out and yell for the pro women at 7:30 p.m.
If you want good blog drama this week, click over to Sue’s blog! Her disgusting hip hematoma story is hard for anyone to top. I am on the edge of my seat waiting for her third installation of the story.
I am getting lots of questions about which team I am racing for this year and what is going on because I have not been racing for Colavita lately. No, there is no juicy story or any good gossip to pass along about it. Dang, no exciting blog entry full of drama about cycling teams! It is quite simple: I really enjoy all the Colavita girls, and some are now good friends who I really adore and respect. But after feeling pressure to prove myself after my winter of no training due to my knee, I decided to step back and race with a bit less stress. That’s it! I just wanted to come back at my own pace after feeling so rushed all year.
Ok, I am off to run errands and do some other mundane things today. Maybe I will have something more exciting to report on tomorrow:-)