The McLane Pacific Cycling Classic in Merced was a tremendous success. Saturday was the downtown criterium. I did not race due to my knee but had a great time watching my teammates. I love watching crits! They are a rush. Sarah had a great crit. She was in the mix, racing aggressively and strong. I swear she was in every move during the race. Unfortunately she was in a minor crash with two laps to go so her placing did not indicate how well she rode.
On Sunday, Dotsie won the road race, giving us our first NRC win! She has great form right now and rode a stellar race. I was so proud of her. It was even more special because her whole family was here to watch. Sue and Audrey also raced well this weekend. I don't want to forget them in the update...they are speedy too!
I tested my knee for one lap of the race but since it was a cold, windy day, I was convservative and careful. I want to keep progressing and did not want to subject myself to too many surges.
Even more than the team win, the best thing for me about this weekend was the atmosphere. Our team chemistry is off to a great start. And the support staff is amazing! We have more girls coming in this week so I think the positive energy will just keep growing. I have a great feeling about spending the season with this group of people.
Sue's daughter and husband just got in to town last night. Little Trinity is quite a character. She is as cute as can be and has an adorable personality. She is building a cool fort in the living room as I am typing this. I find her young spirit very refreshing.
Ok that's it for now from Fresno. I will update you on things once the rest of the crew gets here.