I know it has officially been FOREVER since I have updated my blog. I have been really busy. I just completed my first semester of my counseling internship, which was incredible. I was really busy with that, all of my classes, my graduate assistantship, etc. Needless to say, I have not had time to heavily train or race this year. I am tempted to train for another half marathon in the fall, though. Chad and I enjoyed a trip to the island of St. Martin in the Caribbean over Christmas. That was the last time I really had down time. Hopefully I will document that trip on here at some point. Unfortunately, my old computer died and I have not retrieved all of my pics off of it yet. Since I have been enjoying other things besides athletics in 2011, I wanted to post a pic of our latest summer project. I am determined to become a gardener! So here are some pics of the beginning of our garden.
Here is a bridge we built. It leads across the arroyo, from our house to where our garden will be.
Our garden has nice views. Here are the poles going in.
The dogs enjoyed checking out the new spot. As you can see, the fence is 7' high so the deer can't eat what we grow.
This shot is looking back towards our house from the garden. Our home is hidden in the trees. The garden is actually pretty close to our house. Now that the fence is up, the challenge is getting things to actually grow. We are in a drought year and so far everything we have planted is suffering. Hopefully when the monsoons get here, things will fare better.
