Wednesday, October 07, 2009

A Setback



This is not how I had envisioned my Wednesday: I am sick. I cannot talk at all. Yesterday I lost my voice, but today is even worse. My throat is scratchy and sore, and I have been fighting something for several days. My ears have been so plugged that I have been yelling when I talk because I can't hear myself, so maybe it is better I lost my voice. Of course this is happening less than two weeks away from our planned race in Bisbee. I admit I am disappointed...I felt like I was really getting back in to shape, and I was having fun training again!
I have been trying to ignore that I was getting sick, but today I finally gave in. I stayed home from work and rested. I am trying to be positive about it, even though I have felt waves of frustration. I decided it was a great opportunity to work on homework, and to take care of myself. I even tried out our jet tub for the first time! I lit candles and visualized myself healing. Sometimes it is better to yield to sickness, accept it, and honor your body. Sometimes giving in is the only way to get well.
Posted by Picasa