Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Recent House Pics



Chad and I have been spending a ton of time replanting after the building process. We decided to buy and plant over 50 small bushes, perennial flowers, and trees (all drought tolerant species once established). Since we have such a large area to fill in, we thought it would be better to buy several small but cheap items, rather than buy a few big but pricey trees. I wish we would get a little rain to help things grow. Thunder clouds have been building every afternoon as they should in monsoon season (you can see them in this picture
I took yesterday), but all that we are getting is thunder and a few sprinkles, and of course the danger of forest fires.



Chad and I also built a flagstone walkway. I like the way the front of our house is coming together. We planted some hardy Autumn Stonecrop in our big Mexican pots, which look great.



Hummingbirds have found our feeders on our back porches! We estimate that there were about 40 out there at the feeders this morning. Since we moved in mid-summer, I was not sure we would get such a large population. I am filling about two feeders a day right now. Since I am not racing this year, I am enjoying the simple, little things like this. It has been really good for me!
Posted by Picasa