Sunday, July 26, 2009

Neptune, Roswell, and a Rainbow



Neptune has won our hearts. She is a feisty girl, yet is very loving and cuddly.



Roswell is finally relaxing and coming out of hiding. He is really funny. He likes to be petted and loves to head butt us in the face, in a loving way of course. I am naturally more of a "dog person", but I have to admit these two cats are very cool, and add a lot to our family!



In other news, we finally got some rain tonight, thank goodness! It has been hot and dry, and we have not been getting our usual afternoon monsoon rains. All of the plants and trees that we have planted recently have been suffering. And I experienced heat exhaustion while running yesterday, which was not a good thing. Chad and I literally danced around this afternoon, hoping the clouds would come our way over the mountains. Our rain dance worked! It poured, and we had the biggest rainbow I have ever seen! I could not fit the whole rainbow in one picture. Here is a shot of part of it from our patio.

Posted by Picasa