Tuesday, June 09, 2009

Back from the Big Island

We are back from Hawaii. I am now reflecting on what a great time we had. Hawaii is such a special place. I have been there twice with my mom, and twice with Chad. Each time has been full of wonderful memories that I often look back on with warmth. I can't help but relax when I am there. I love the scenery, the warm, gentle air, the culture, the ocean, and the music. Basically, I love everything! Here are a few fond memories of our trip:




Watching the honus in the tide pools from our balcony. We counted 22 at one time! We never got tired of watching them. They are amazing creatures, and I am glad that Hawaii is trying to preserve and protect them.




Savoring the scenery near Hilo. It truly was breathtaking.



Chad and I did our own duathlon one day, consisting of snorkel-run-snorkel! It was a blast. This is the outfit I wore for each leg: clashing a blue Hawaiian bikini top with pink Hawaiian board shorts. I had to add my green Hawaiian hat to the mix while sitting on the balcony post-second-snorkel. Note to others with cycling quads: board shorts will chafe big-time on a 10K run in humid conditions.



Spending time with our incredible friend Michelle. This was taken during our second sushi night, on our last night on the island. It was a night full of great conversation, laughter, and terrific sushi. Thanks Michelle! We can't wait to hang out with you again...in both NM and HI.

Posted by Picasa