Thursday, April 16, 2009

More of the Same



This is the latest pic of our house...taken today. It might look similar to the last one. But they have started to prepare for stucco, the carport has been worked on, the garage door is on (though not painted), and the entry overhang has been prepped for tile. And the windows have been lined.



We have to look for small changes on the inside. They caulked the wood where it meets the cement pad, and sealed all the windows and pipes in prep for insulation. It is cool to look at the ceiling and check out the venting and electrical mess.



A lot of the trees Chad and I tried to transplant before they cleared our building site are dying! We are so bummed. I think it is because of the dry winter and the dry and windy spring. We really wanted to minimize our footprint on our property. We will have to purchase and replant trees over the next few years. We were hoping that some of the native trees would flourish, though.
Sorry for the lack of updates...I have been busy with work, school, training, and housebuilding! I am starting my season later than usual, so I do not have a whole lot to report on racing or training, other than I am changing up my normal routine this year. But life is all about change, so it is a good thing!
Posted by Picasa