Wednesday, December 17, 2008

Random Happenings



Life has been going great. Last week we had a Christmas party for our kids at school. Their parents came, and Chad came, too. I honestly did not realize how much I adore kids until working with them this year. I think the kids are so amazing. Each one has a unique set of gifts, and I really get a kick out of working with them.



I am officially a weather wimp after moving to NM. I used to ride outside in all sorts of cold temps. I even used to ride in ski goggles in Boise if it was below freezing. We have only had a couple of days below 50 degrees here, and I think it is too cold to ride. So I have been on the trainer a bit. Chad came up with a great idea to draw 5 cards for our last trainer workout. Within the hour I rode on the trainer, I did some tempo efforts that were the length of whatever the cards read. Example: drawing a five meant a five minute tempo effort. It was really fun, and passed the time! I confess, I did have a couple of do-overs while selecting my cards. I kept drawing face cards, and we decided those would all be worth twelve minutes. Way too long! For those people who knew me as a cyclist a few years ago, I have definitely softened when it comes to my trainer rides. Since I am wimpy with both outdoor ride temps and trainer ride length, I think this may be a sign that I only have the 2009 season left to push my body hard in big, exciting races. We will see...



We have been laughing at Keiki sleeping and snoring every evening, in a silly position. Here is one of her latest poses that we captured.



And of course our sweet Klemmy is precious, too. Here she is tuckered out after a run and swim. We ran along a road with a pond, and she swam like crazy, while her lab sister observed her from the shore. Go figure.
Posted by Picasa