Chad and I decided to venture to Bisbee, Arizona for a few days after Christmas. I had only stayed in Bisbee while bike racing, and Chad had never been there. Since it is a pretty short drive for us, we decided it would be a great place for a getaway. Here is a shot of the historic town from the deck of the Sleepy Dog Guest House.
We rented a house for a few days. It was a quaint little place called the Sleepy Dog. It was a historic mining cabin that had been carefully restored. In accordance with its name, it was dog friendly, so it was truly a family vacation for us! Here are Klemmy and Keiki trekking the 48 steps up to the Sleepy Dog.
We woke up to glorious sunshine on our first full day in Bisbee, and headed to the desert in the Warren area after breakfast. Chad and I wanted to find some trails and run with our girls. We did not bring our bikes to Bisbee (I wanted to explore the town in a different way than when I was a bike racer!). The trails out there are brutal, but so awesome. We ended up running to the tops of those hills on the first day. It was over an hour of pain, and we had not even planned on running a full hour that day. It was fun to be spontaneous, and the views from the tops of those hills were worth the suffering:-). I should have lugged our camera to the top. The only forms of life we saw out there were some cattle, and Border Patrol (we were about 10k from the border at this point).
