Saturday, May 24, 2008

Winning the Wilderness Run



This morning Chad and I did a local trail run. It was a little over 8 miles that was held on trails in the National Forest. It was a really beautiful but difficult course. One of my silly-sounding goals was to beat Chad. He is a strong runner, and really good on technical trails. So I figured if I beat him, that would mean that I am back to running fast after getting sick. Also, he usually is better than me in shorter races, and I have better endurance. So I hoped the 8+ mile distance would give me an edge:-). But Chad ran really strong today and smoked me probably by around a minute. He is tough! So he finished third overall and first in his age group. Yay Chad! I am happy for him. I was fourth overall, won the Overall Women's race, so I got a cool piece of Mimbres-style pottery made by a local artist. It was a fun morning, and it was great to support a race that benefits the town's high school cross-country team.
My legs are tired now, but now it's time to hop on the bike for a bit! Ouch.

Posted by Picasa