Tuesday, April 01, 2008

Waiting for the Hummingbirds


After my workout today, I hung the hummingbird feeders that I had put away for the winter. Our friend Gloria, who lives up the mountain about a mile from us, reported that she had some stop by her place over the weekend. So they are starting to make their way back to the area after wintering in Mexico. Gloria also told me that they are pretty hungry when they return, so I made my sugar/water mixture a little stronger than usual, to give them a little extra fuel after their journey. I know how it feels to be hungry after a long workout! Now I keep looking out our windows to see if any are out there. None yet. I am really looking forward to the hummingbirds' arrival. Chad and I had so much fun watching them last summer, and we can't wait to enjoy them again.

Posted by Picasa