Tuesday, March 04, 2008

The Latest

During the past week, things have been going great. My training week was tough: it was my third week of building up in a row. Even though it was tiring, it went really well. I can see my fitness improving, which is always a great feeling. Now I have a recovery block so I can be fresh for my next training block, as well as my next race. So things will be pretty mellow for the next few days.
I have really learned to savor recovery weeks. Resting is what helps my body rebuild and get stronger, so I take it as seriously as I do the tough training. I think most endurance athletes struggle with resting to a degree, but I have learned through years of experience to embrace it! Yesterday was a complete lazy off-day, and today will be just a short spin on the bike.

By the way, I am featured in the latest CycleOps Newsletter! I really enjoy giving back to my sponsors this way. Without their support, racing at this level would be impossible! So seeing this interview makes me feel like I am doing my job by drawing attention to their products. I have great sponsors this year, and I want to give them as much exposure as possible in 2008.
That's it for now. Besides the interview, things are pretty uneventful, which is a good thing when I am trying to recover and rebuild in anticipation of things to come.