Thursday, March 27, 2008

Klemmy, Our Beloved Sheet Ripper


My life has been pretty full since my last blog update, but nothing really exciting to write about. I have been training again. I took a bit of time away from running after my last race, since my body was pretty beat up. That was a bit frustrating, as I wanted to run more and build off of the race. But after letting my body repair, I have been back at it for over a week now, and things are going great! Both my running and cycling seem to be improving. My time has also been consumed by Klemmy (pictured above). After a stretch of doing really well in the house while we are gone, she relapsed, and tore up some more sheets. I am not sure what triggered the separation anxiety for her on that day. Chad and I went for a ride after running a full hour with the dogs (so she had plenty of activity), and when we came home, we found our cute flowery sheets on our guest bed torn to shreds. She had destroyed the matching comforter a while ago, so maybe she wanted to finish off the whole set. Of course it is hard to stay mad at her...look at her precious face! Well, it is harder for me to stay mad at her than it is for Chad. Little Klem is a good dog in so many ways, is so cute and sweet, and she had a rough beginning to her life, so I fully admit I cut her extra slack. Today all I have on tap is a short spin and a walk with the dogs. It is an easy day, before a big three days of training over the weekend. Hopefully Klemmy will not destroy anything during our weekend rides!
Posted by Picasa