Friday, March 14, 2008

Beep Beep!


It's pretty cool to have a roadrunner hanging out in your driveway when you come home. Things like this make my day! I wish I felt more like a roadrunner this week, but I have been far from speedy. I have learned that it is going to take some time for my body to adapt to running intensely in a race. Hopefully as I get more experience, it will get a bit easier to recover from. I can't expect a lot after so many years away from weight-bearing activity. This year is a building year for me as I start multi-sport racing: getting back in to running and rebuilding my running fitness, and by the end of the year, starting to work on swimming too. Even though I am all about a gradual buildup in my new sport, I felt so good and relaxed in the race that I didn't really expect to feel sore afterwards. Well, I was very wrong about that! Hopefully next week I will feel more like a roadrunner in training:-).

Posted by Picasa