These 95 monolithic stones were elaborately placed according to solar system and seasonal patterns in 5000 B.C. How did they know that back then? I am happy if I can find the Big Dipper! The drive to the megaliths was just as incredible as this sight: passing through olive, eucalyptus, and cork tree forests. The Portuguese let you walk right among the stones and touch them...a very different practice than many other countries' historical sites.
Thursday, January 10, 2008
These 95 monolithic stones were elaborately placed according to solar system and seasonal patterns in 5000 B.C. How did they know that back then? I am happy if I can find the Big Dipper! The drive to the megaliths was just as incredible as this sight: passing through olive, eucalyptus, and cork tree forests. The Portuguese let you walk right among the stones and touch them...a very different practice than many other countries' historical sites.
