Altoona is a big race for Team Cheerwine, and one of the toughest and longest domestic stage races of the year. It is a chance for us to spend some quality time with our team owner Anne Bolyea, who has done so much for all of us! She is pictured here, along with our team ray of sunshine, Beth Frye. So get a load of this: yesterday's stage was sponsored by a waste management company, so the race took us by three dumps (I think landfills may be the politically correct term) in 48 miles. How funny is that??? And in today's race, we started and ended at two different shopping malls. At the start, we did parade laps around the first mall, even though none of the shoppers really bothered to watch. That was funny, too. Today's stage was good for us: we had two riders in the break, which is always a good thing for a team! As far as my personal racing, I felt somewhat better today, so I am hoping my legs are coming around for the days to come.

