Sunday, April 08, 2007

Good Luck Mama Brooke

I had some great bike rides on Friday and Saturday. On Friday, I rode with my great friend Brooke Blackwelder. We had fun catching up and riding in the warm sun. Later on that evening, I attended her going-away party, which was sad! Brooke is moving to Driggs, Idaho. I am happy that she has a great job opportunity there, but I will miss her dearly. She has helped me so much, ever since I met her as a beginner cyclist on the Goldy's team. And aside from supporting me in cycling, she is a loyal friend off the bike. I will definitely pay her a visit in Driggs this summer.
On Saturday, I had a great ride as well. Again, it was warm, and I only had to wear shorts and a jersey! I love how warm temps simplify cycling: no bundling up in multiple layers! I was tempted to share this wonderful weather fortune with my teammates Kelly and Leigh, who are having less than stellar weather at their respective homes.
But I refrained from bragging, which was a good thing. Today was supposed to be another hot day...instead it is pouring rain! I am hoping it clears up, so I can fit in an afternoon ride outside, instead of a boring afternoon trainer session! Wherever I end up riding today, I will be wishing Mama Brooke good luck in her new adventure. I hope she knows Little Brooke here in Boise is thinking of her...