Tuesday, March 06, 2007

Good Team Day

The Trust House Tour of New Zealand got off to a stellar start for our team: Laura, Leigh, and Catherine made a break of 10 in the windy crit, and Laura sprinted for second! That puts us in the lead for team GC. What a great start to the week! As far as my race, I woke up sick. Without going in to too much detail, I just tried to finish the race so I can be here for my team later in the week if I feel better. Geez, these races Down Under are turning in to quite a challenge for me. But I am keeping my "fighting spirit" and one of these days if I keep plugging away, things will turn around. The picture above is the symbol for fighting spirit. I saw it when I was in Japan and loved it then...I am going to try to carry the image with me tomorrow.