Tuesday, February 27, 2007

Ups and Downs

So today was the first day of the Geelong Tour. The best way I can describe it is that it had its highs and lows. The high for our team was Laura's fifth place in the time trial. We are so proud of her. I knew she was going to have a great one.
I kind of had two lows today: one was my TT. I went near the beginning and it was really windy! I did the whole first half of the TT in my small ring. I was happy with my time compared to the people who started around the same time as me. The wind died down as the morning went on, so I am trying to remember that while looking at how far down I finished. Next time!
My second low was that my rear tire exploded in the apex of the very last corner of the very last lap of the crit. I have no idea how I came out of that one in one piece! I skidded, tumbled, and rolled forever! So I ended up walking across the finish line. But thank goodness I could do that! So maybe my crash was a high because I am ok.
By the way, our team just got Skins tights! That was a high. Don't we look cool! If you look close, you can see my hematoma starting to form...