Friday, October 13, 2006

Whirlwind

My adorable sister Laramie is coming to visit tomorrow for a week! She is on fall break at University of Portland, so she is coming home. I am excited to spend some time with her. I am looking forward to it after a busy week at school: I volunteered all day at a school blood drive on Wednesday for a service learning project for my Health Psychology Class. Then I worked on Tuesday and Thursday, and had quite a bit of homework to do each day. I spent over 10 hours putting together a powerpoint presentation I have to give next week in class. The most relaxing thing I have done this week was an afternoon bike ride yesterday. It was a stunning, warm day for a ride around Eagle.
Last night I had to go to a three hour presentation on global health care issues for a class. I was not looking forward to it, because I was tired from my long week, but I am so glad I went. I learned a lot and the documentary we watched was especially moving. If you get a chance, watch the PBS show called: Rx for Survival: A Global Health Challenge. It was so inspiring to see the human spirit rise above challenges and environments. It also put into perspective what a great life I have. My biggest worries are often things like school and bike racing. Those things are so small in comparison to what people in other countries have to worry about.
Now I am off to class! It is my last one of the week, thank goodness. Maui seems like so long ago now that I am back in to the full swing of things here in Boise. But I am enjoying it and I know how lucky I really am.