Thanks for all the kind comments about riding for the Cheerwine Cycling Team for the 2007 season! It means a lot. I am really excited for this opportunity. Team owner Anne Bolyea is putting together an awesome group of riders (strong on the bike and an array of good personalities off the bike!) and has hired a team director, Thad, who seems great. She is registering the team with the UCI, and will give us opportunities to race internationally, which is incredible. You can read the press release by clicking "opportunities" above. A roster will be announced soon, so stay tuned!
This fall, I did not get wrapped up in the whole team shake-up drama that happens every year. I needed a break from all of that. I decided to go with the flow, not actively seek out a team, and if nothing came about, I would race for my friend Brooke Blackwelder's well-run Team Tamarack, since I love racing with those Idaho girls. I also think by letting go and not forcing things, good things happen. How zen is that! And that is exactly how the Cheerwine team came my way.
I started training again this week and it is fun to have something to train for! Yesterday was cold and windy, so I did my first trainer workout full of drills prescribed by my coach Dean. People who know me know that I can get in a "zone" and ride the trainer for long periods of time, but it always takes me a while to get back in to that mentality. Yesterday 1:20 (that is one hour and twenty minutes...not one minute and twenty seconds!) was all I could muster. Today it is sunny so I will be out on the road for a few hours. Yay!