This week was a busy one! I attended all of my classes for the first time. I have some great classes this semester and think I will learn a lot. I bought all of my textbooks, too...ouch! But I love buying books. I rarely resell my books at the end of the semester either. I am a nerd at heart and like to add to my book collection.
I also got some good training in this week. I had the first few days of the week to recover and then I had a few solid climbing days. Sunday I raced in the Idaho State Criterium Championships. It was a fun race! A high-quality group of girls showed up, and it was nice to see someone come all the way from Driggs for the race. Everyone raced aggressively: Liza Rachetto from Team Lipton and Heather Albert from America's Dairyland had some good attacks at the beginning, and then of course the Tamarack girls were lighting it up!
Heather launched one particularly tough attack and after we caught her, I countered and got away solo. After I time trialed for several laps, Heather bridged up to me and we worked well together for the rest of the race. She won and I was second for the day.
After the race, I climbed up Bogus Basin to the Upper Lodge. So it turned in to quite a training day for me! I ran out of water when I was only halfway up the climb (which is 17 miles!), which was a problem. Thank goodness I met some nice cyclists along the way who gave me water! And thanks to the firefighters at the Upper Lodge who filled my bottles up too. I drank so much water today...it was a hot one, especially riding uphill. I have a lot of water-giving karma to repay after that ride! So if you see me on a ride and your bottles are running low, don't be afraid to ask.
So those were the highlights of the week. I am sure the coming week will be similar, but with more studying, since classes will really get going. I plan on getting some good rides in too. So look for some exciting blog updates:-).