Wednesday, August 02, 2006

Car Trouble

When I drove to Colorado on a whim last week, I knew I was taking a risk. My car is 10 years old and has trouble starting sometimes. And the shocks are shot: if I go over a bump, my head would hit the ceiling if I did not have my seatbelt on! But I always wear my seatbelt, so I usually ignore the shock issue.

Thank goodness I made it here safe and sound, but sure enough, the long drive took a toll. My car has been struggling to start ever since. I took it in to a repair shop in Colorado Springs on Monday. I did not want to drive it back to Boise until it was in better shape. Now I am out 1200 bucks. Ouch! That hurts. But the work needed to be done. I hope this place is not overcharging me because I am a girl. I get my car back tomorrow and it better be running like it is brand new!

Last night I went to the Meridian group ride/race in Denver. It got rained out halfway through. It was a pretty intense storm! I was hiding under a parked car as wind, lightning, and rain whipped around me. Today I rode around Garden of the Gods again. I am a creature of habit: if I find a ride that I like, I do it over and over again. As far as tomorrow, it looks like I may attempt Meridian again in the evening. It is pretty cool that they have that training ride twice a week. Tons of people show up; it is impressive. Hopefully it will be storm-free. I will let you know how the ride goes and how my car is running too!