Wednesday, July 12, 2006
On To Bend
So today I am heading to Bend, Oregon for the Cascade Cycling Classic. I love Bend and am excited to race there again. The Deschutes River in Bend is a great recovery tool: it is perfect to sit in and recharge the legs between stages. Besides the river and the beautiful scenery, there is a neat downtown with good restaurants. No cooking for me this week! It is a cool town, except it is growing too fast. I have raced there the last few years and every time I come back it has dramatically grown since the last year. All these cool places get ruined by rich people from populated areas that want to come in and get their piece. That is what has happened to Boise. Ok, enough ranting on urban sprawl and Californians who want to buy up Western states that have not been ruined yet! And no offense about all this to my California friends; I love you guys but it is kinda annoying when you see more CA plates than those of the actual state you are in:-). Back to racing: there is a strong women’s field this year with all the big teams represented. And I am sure there will be some strong regional riders as well. So it will make for a good tough race. I am going to work hard out there so keep your fingers crossed!