Wednesday, May 31, 2006

Hangin' in the Hood

This is our Colavita-Cooking Light Cycling Team for the Mt. Hood Cycling Classic in Hood River, Oregon, which starts tonight! Dotsie and I (the crazy epic-stage racing duo!) are joined by guest rider Stacey Spencer. She is a really nice and talented racer from Canada. In her arms is her beautiful daughter Lily. Her husband Al is here as well to help us for the week, which is a blessing! This race is going to be fun and hard, with beautiful but challenging terrain. To check out the six stages that we will tackle in the next five days, go to the race website at: www.mthoodcyclingclassic.com.
What a beautiful view of Mt. Hood from Panorama Point, where today's time trial finishes. Our time trial this evening is three miles long. It's a beautiful little course that blazes through fruit orchards. The course has a fast downhill portion before climbing to Panorama Point and will be over in a flash.
Dotsie and I feel so lucky...right in our hotel parking lot is a Starbucks! Yes, I like to support local coffee shops when I can, but this beats hotel room coffee. And all I have to do is roll out of bed, walk across the lot and I magically have a strong, dark cup of coffee. Simple things like this make my day.
Here is a picture of the Columbia River that is right behind our hotel. It is absolutely beautiful here! The green bridge takes you over the river to the state of Washington.